"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."

Monday 25 April 2011

How Do You Budget For Your Hauls?

Hauls are a very exciting and rewarding experience for any make up junkie. I've been collecting make up for a couple of years now, and I've realized that it can be really tough to divorce feelings of "want want want" with feelings of "need need need." As we all know, needs are important. Making provisions for proper needs in our lives make us feel both secure and accomplished. However, making provisions for wants such as make up hauls, ahem, leaves us with a ridiculous adrenaline rush and a huge smile! Hello! It's new make up!

I've always been very uneasy about starting a blog about some of the things that I love in my life. To be honest, all my trepidations were built around the simple fact that I've watched thousands of haul videos. Quite frankly, all that spending makes me uneasy. I love watching it though. I noticed a giant hole missing in the beauty and life blogging world! Where are all the budgets? It's easy to drops hundreds on cosmetics. I wish I made enough money where that could happen on a regular basis. If you fall in that category and have no consumer debt- Oh boy, you are one lucky girl or boy!

Instead, I have to learn to budget so that I can walk confidently up to a Nars counter and go, "I'll have that, that, that, that and that!" Consumer debt terrifies me, but new make up makes me happy! My only solution? I save save save. I have a dedicated beauty budget that I add a bit too every pay cheque. That little bit can range from $10 to $20 to whatever change I find.

Do you guys have any beauty budget ideas? I'd love to hear how anyone else approaches their purchases! Are you a splurger or a saver/planner!?

2 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you have the sense to save for things you want, but don't absolutely need.

    I knew a few girls who had an obsessive need to spend money they dont have lol. I think there was a MTV special on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i do not have a budget at all ) writing on budget makeup sounds to me like a good subject for your blog! keep it up

    ReplyDelete